Logan Daily Photo

This blog is to show daily photos of Logan City. This City is located just south of Brisbane City in Queensland, Australia. Logan is Queensland's third largest city and one that is young, dynamic and booming with growth. Home to 500 parks, the beautiful Logan River, local art galleries and a world class University.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan, Queensland, Australia

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Like a bridge over troubled waters


Thanks to everyone who posted a comment to my photos. One in particular caught my attention "Pictures in the rain are interesting too, it is part of the city!"

So even though I can't take the photos I want just yet, I grabbed my camera and headed down to a place I used to go as a child. There is a new bridge that goes over any flood water (off to the right) but years ago, we used to always get cut off as the roads flood and the majority of school kids couldn't get to Loganlea State High School.

So we would head down to the road on our bikes and stand in the flowing water to let the drivers know how high the water was. As you can see to the left that if the car gets pushed off it goes in the river. This is all a bikeway now but you can still see the double white lines disappear under the water and they have left part of the old road and then made paths at either end for bikes. So yes, Pictures in the rain are interesting too. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Denton said...

Welcome to the DailyPhoto family. I enjoyed your picture in the rain. Your link has been added to the DailyPhotoMap.

Mon. Mar. 06, 12:27:00 pm 2006  
Blogger heidi said...

Nice photo. I love to see the green this time of year. We have a park where the river continually runs over the road, like that. It's really neat and very slippery toward late summer because of all the algae that grows.

Oh, I'm adding your link to my site.

Sat. Mar. 11, 01:15:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home